LotStreetWiz woke me up at 7:00 this morning so we could go swimming at a the Settlement House community pool near Grange Park. He had a precise workout from his coach; I just wanted to practise and get in some distance.
My workout in 25-yard pool:
- warm-up: (50 yd. breaststroke + 50 yd. front crawl) x 3 = 300 yd.
- body-core rolling, 50 yd.
- front crawl, 50 yd. x 2 = 100 yd.
- kicking with flutterboard, 50 yd.
- front crawl , 50 yd. x 3 = 150 yd.
- cool-down: side stroke, 50 yd x 2 = 100 yd.
total, 750 yards (675 m)
Over the same period, LotStreetWiz swam 1700 yards.
Bleachers and kayaks: