LotStreetWiz is flying to Vancouver today. I don’t feel like cooking for just me, so I made bean and tomato salad. It’s a cold salad that takes about five minutes to put together from canned ingredients plus one onion.
- Drain and rinse 2 cans of kidney beans. (I usually use white ones.)
- Chop finely one onion and add.
- Add one can of diced tomatoes. Drain them or not depending on how juicy you like your salad.
- Mix half lemon juice and half vinegar for the dressing.
- Add 1/2 tsp basil, thyme, or oregano.
- Mix well and serve.
This is a substantial and filling meal that takes no longer to make than to eat.