It’s time to start another semester of Pilates training. with Coyne Pilates. Pilates is a stretch & strength system of exercise that concentrates on spinal flexibility and core muscle strength. It’s named after its inventor, Joseph Pilates, who went from being a sickly child with rickets to the model for anatomical illustrations because of his perfect body.
Pilates has become a popular form of exercise and the benefits are well known, so well known that I’m “borrowing” them from the Absolute Control Pilates site.
- Develops longer, leaner muscles (less bulk, more freedom of movement)
- Improves postural problems
- Increases core strength/stability and peripheral mobility
- Helps prevent injury
- Enhances functional fitness, ease of movement
- Balances strength & flexibility
- Heightens body awareness
- Non-impact – easy on joints
- Can be customized for everyone from rehab patients to elite athletes
- Complements other methods of exercise
- Improves performance in sports (golf, skating, dance, etc)
- Improves balance, coordination & circulation