From the Endless Thread on Pharyngula, Walton’s lime cheesecake…
Basic lime cheesecake recipe – mostly from memory, so apologies if it’s not perfect. Quantities are rough estimates, and can be varied according to how big a cheesecake you want.
Ginger biscuits, half pack
Butter or margarine, 200g
Icing sugar, 200g
- Put the ginger biscuits in a plastic bag. Smash up the biscuits with a rolling-pin until reduced to crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the hob.
- Put the biscuit crumbs and the melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir them together.
- Line the bottom of your cake tin with the mixture of butter and biscuit crumbs, forming the base.
- Put the mascarpone and icing sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, until smooth.
- Using a grater, grate the zest from the lime into the bowl and mix it in with the mascarpone and sugar.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Continue mixing.
- When the mixture is smooth, transfer it into the cake tin and layer it on top of the base.
- Leave the cheesecake in the fridge overnight to set.
Walton also mentions “an awesome recipe for baked vanilla cheesecake (made with cream cheese and soured cream)…”