- Dry fry three cloves of garlic, then peel and mince.
- Mix together
- the garlic,
- juice of one lime (and as much of the pulp as you can manage),
- three fresh chili peppers (I prefer serrano chiles (seeded and deveined optional (depends on how much heat you want))),
- some freshly crushed cumin (not too much), and
- about 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- Marinate some pork or chicken for a suitable amount of time (more for pork, less for chicken).
I’ve also done this with tequila rather than broth, but I had to add salt (which I try not to do (I have no problem with adding salt at the table, I just try to cook with salt as little as possible)).
I mince a mean garlic, so I’ve got to try this soon.
See that, Loblaws? No modified corn starch, no dextrose, no corn syrup solids, no maltodextrin, no lime powder. Just honest-to-god food ingredients.