You can vary this indefinitely, like soup, by using different meats, different marinades, different vegetables, and different starches.
* various chopped vegetables
* cooking oil
* 1 1/2 onions, chopped
* a few carrots, shredded
* 2 wedges of cabbage, chopped
* 2 yellow zucchine or other summer squash, coarsely chopped
* 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- Marinate meat
- Chop vegetables.
- Cook rice.
- Cook meat with vegetables.
Caution: ingredients must be ready. You have to watch closely to prevent burning. There’s no time to prepare ingredients once you start cooking.
- Cut about 8 oz. steak into short strips, then marinate it in 2/3 soy sauce, 1/3 mild curry sauce (1 hour or overnight or as long as it takes to chop the veg).
- If you’re having rice, microwave 1 cup of rice with 2.5 cups of water (4 minutes on high, then 14 minutes on low power). If you prefer pasta, boil water in a pot and add1 cup pasta when it’s boiling.
- Chop the vegetables and have them ready in little bowls or piles.
- Heat some cooking oil (olive oil is good) in a wok or large saucepan deep enough so that you can stir the contents without scattering them.
- Brown the meat. Stir to prevent burning.
- Add the onion, stir it in, and let it soften.
- Add the shredded carrots and stir in. Stir often and add more oil or a little water.
- Add the rest of the veggies in quick succession. Keep stirring to mix and coat with oil.
- When the squash is soft and the cabbage is bright green, it’s done. Serve with rice.