Someone I could mention used up all the white beans for his pot-luck salad, so I made a pasta-ish salad.
- Cook 2 cups of pasta (makes 4 cups). I used radiatori.
- Chop an onion and a wedge of cabbage and a couple of carrots.
- Open a can of red kidney beans and rinse.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain . If you’re in a hurry, rinse with cold water to cool off.
- Mix a couple of large globs of mayonnaise, a glug of milk, and a couple of squirts of ranch dressing, and a small squirt of lemon juice.
- Mix the pasta with the veggies; add the dressing and mix in.
- Salt if you like. I threw in a pinch of half-salt (half NaCl, half KCl).
- Feel free to add any other veggies that you like: celery, radishes, green onions, etc.
- If none of your guests is allergic to nuts, you can add in a handful of chopped walnuts.
- Mix well and serve.
This had a nice, delicate flavour and people said they liked it.