This is from Broboxley over at Pharyngula.
Found a use for Iron City beer since it’s undrinkable…
- Take one bottle and pour it carefully into a stainless mixing bowl.
- Add self rising flour and mix until it is the consistency of bread dough.
- Knead well.
- Cover in a warm place overnight, punching it down a few times.
- Take a small skillet and melt about 1 inch of lard into it.
- Take a 1/4 handful of dough and roll it thin.
- Fry it in the lard until lightly browned on both sides.
Makes about 12 pieces of frybread that tastes like pretzels.