Beet Salad I
Rev. BigDumbChimp says: Nothing better than a salad made of pickled beets, orange segments, feta cheese, thinly sliced fennel and mescaline greens with a light lemon vinaigrette.
Beet Salad II
Corbie, Wicked Auntie of Death, says: One of the best beet dishes I’ve had was a salad: boil or roast the beets, slice thin, serve cold as a salad with feta cheese, cilantro (or basil, if you don’t like cilantro), walnuts, and sliced beef (optional), with a cider vinegar and olive oil dressing.
Beet Salad III
Weed Monkey says: Beets love strong cheese. Blue, white, feta, goat milk… mmm, it’s all good. Combine sliced beets with the cheese of your choice, some honey, oil and herbs and toss it in the oven until tender. Very easy, very tasty.
Roasted Beets, Apple and Fennel
Rev. BigDumbChimp says: This is another fantastic beet dish. Great winter food side item (fennel and beets go well together).
* 5 medium beets, peeled and quartered
* 5 apples, cored and chopped
* 2 heads fennel, trimmed and thickly sliced
* 1/2 cup honey Dijon salad dressing
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place the beets, apples, and fennel in a large roasting pan. In a small bowl, mix together the honey Dijon salad dressing, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing mixture over the beets, apples, and fennel and mix well.
3. Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until the beets are tender.
Spicy Pickled Beets
A_ray_in_dilbert_space says: I did have beet curry in Sri Lanka that was quite good. All I really remember about it was that the cook let them saute for rather a long time to caramelize the sugars. Then there were onions and garlic, some Sri Lankan curry powder (made by roasting the spices first), some chili powder to taste and then add coconut milk and simmer.