This is a collection of short stories edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner. The quality is good. Contributors include Jim Butcher. I got this copy from the public library by reserving it so it’s sent from its home library to mine.
I prefer the humourous to the horrific. These are the stories and a version of their author introductions:
- Dracula Night. Charlaine Harris writes the Sookie Stackhouse novels. She also writes about Harper Connelly, a lightning-struck locator of corpses. Her Website is http://www.charlaineharris.com.
- The Mournful Cry of Owls. Christopher Golden has written The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, and Of Saints and Shadows, as well as the Body of Evidence teen thrillers. He is a coauthor, with Thomas E Sniegoski, of the dark fantasy series The Menagerie, the young readers fantasy series OutCast, and the comic book miniseries Talent. He collaborated with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola to write Baltimore, or, the Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire. His website is http://www.christophergolden.com.
- I Was a Teenage Vampire. Bill Crider is the author of fifty published novels and many short stories. These include Too Late to Die, Dead on the Island, A Murder Among the OWLS, and, with his wife, Judy Crider, the short story “Chocolate Moose.” See http://www.billcrider.com.
- Twilight. Kelley Armstrong is the author of the paranormal suspense series Women of the Otherworld. Her website is http://www.KellyArmstrong.com.
- It’s My Birthday, Too. Jim Butcher is the author of the Dresden Files novels about Harry Dresden, wizard, and of the Codex Alera series. Look for him at http://www.jim-butcher.com.
- Grave-Robbed. P.N. Elrod is the author of twenty novels and as many short stories. She is best known for The Vampire Files series, about undead detective Jack Fleming. She has co-written three novels with Nigel Bennett. She can be found at http://www.vampwriter. com.
- The First Day of the Rest of Your Life. Rachel Caine is known for the Weather Warden series and her new young adult series, The Morganville Vampires. She has written many other books and short stories. Her website is http://www.rachelcaine.com.
- The Witch and the Wicked. Jeanne C. Stein is the author of the Anna Strong series, starting with The Becoming and Blood Drive. Her website is http://www.jeannestein.com.
- Blood Wrapped. Tanya Huff has written over 25 books, including the Vicky Nelson Blood series, adapted for television as Bloof Ties. This short story is from the world of the Smoke (and Blood) books. See http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/tanya-huff/.
- The Wish. Carolyn Haines has written more than fifty novels. The latest in her Mississippi Delta series is Ham Bones. She also writes single novels, such as Hallowed Bones and Penumbra. Her website is http://www.carolynhaines.com.
- Fire and Ice and Linguini for Two. Tate Hallaway has written other novels for the characters in this story: Tall, Dark, and Dead and Dead Sexy. See http://www.mninter.net/~sprounds/Tate_main.html.
- Vampire Hours. Elaine Viets is the author of two mystery series. The Dead-End Job series includes Mystery with Reservations. Her Josie Marcus Mystery Shopper series includes Accessory to Murder. Her website is http://www.elaineviets.com.
- How Stella Got Her Grave Back. Toni L. P. Kelner is the author of the Laura Fleming Southern mystery series and the Where Are They Now series about a freelance entertainment writer. See http://www.tonilpkelner.com/.